Tuesday 11 February 2014

SUN
 I must forget you now, remember you
as just somebody I used to know
But how can I?
Last night i saw you in my dreams
Calling out to me as I strolled past
I didn't answer, but my soul did
Awakening my feeble body to
A morning lit with recollections
How can i forget you
As my heart burns with flames of memories
Fixing thoughts tightly glued to all we'd shared
Smokes reaching up my ceiling, enveloping
Complications developing
Caught in another matrix
Fraught with another project
Searching my soul, comparing
Scheming, hoping to grow apples
From this ordinary tree

How can I erase a complete book
Without destroying the entire book
Set some fire with fuel from Oblivion
Strike a match, smell my sulphur explode
Watch all these implosions from the tears welling
Dwelling on the past, painfully duelling with my heart
Laughing sometimes at this cacophony's laughter
Ceasing to exist like we used to

How can I remember to forget to remember
The paths we threaded beaten like foot paths
Through the Sahara
Leading to nowhere, yet coming from the first Words
Words spoken so gently and so purely
Crystallizing before my very presence
Like diamonds, forming treasures in my heart
Sticking on the walls, great as waterfalls
Gushing waters falling on me
Washing, wetting, soaking me with mixed thoughts
While I await the drying powers of the sun, my new sun.



No comments:

Post a Comment